14 Things

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5012/5461188253_9235dba3cd_z.jpg
I've appreciated the mileage that this article, from Forbes Magazine on 14 Things Successful People Do on the Weekends, has gotten, as I've had it shared with me and in turn have shared it with others.  This is, of course, exactly the kind of thing I like to mull over, as I think about how to be successful (both in worldly and spiritual terms) as well as balanced (work vs. non-work, giving vs. recharging).

Last weekend, one of my self-imposed to-do's was to make a list of categories of activities that I wanted to think about on a weekly and monthly basis.  You may recall my post on Quadrant II activities last month, and this is along those lines: what are things that are really important to do, but that could easily fall through the cracks if I don't plan ahead and make sure I figure out when and how to do them.

Here's my list (in no particular order, except to sort them into larger categories), which I've created a grid for myself to fill out for every weekend and for every month. 

Self
1. Body
2. Mind
3. Spiritual
4. Recharge
5. House

Relationships
6. Amy
7. Kids
8. Family
9. Friends

Work
10. Clients
11. Networking
12. Learning
13. Organizational
14. Civic

Obviously, my weekend tasks are smaller than my monthly tasks; I think of my monthly tasks as Covey does about Quadrant II activities, as big tasks to make sure the big things get done in my life, whereas weekend tasks are small pieces that hopefully add up towards them.  I hope that makes sense.

Comments

Popular Posts