Green and Gold October

Oakland As' vs. Texas Rangers, Oct. 3, 2012

The Oakland A's, the team of my youth, are in the playoffs.  After trading away their top two starters and their closer before the season.  Losing three other starters to steroids, an injury, and a life-threatening line drive to the head.  Trotting out an all-rookie starting rotation for the last six weeks of the season. 

Predicted to lose 100 games, the team with the 2nd lowest payroll in the majors ($55M, vs. $198M for the Yanks and $175M for the Phils) are AL West division champs instead.  They gained 6 games on the powerhouse Texas Rangers in the last nine days of the season. 

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm just happy to be here.  But I won't rule out a playoff-long extension to this magical ride.  Stranger things have happened in October.  Let's go, A's!




Comments

Popular Posts