With my new phone comes newfound options for passing the time from when I drop off my kids to when I arrive at my office. (Which is helpful, since I'm in between a bunch of magazine subscriptions so have less reading material for my commute.) If you follow me on Twitter, you know I've taken the opportunity some mornings to read (and, in some cases, riff on) tweets in my feed, which is fun and informative.
Mostly though, I've been grooving to tunes. It's kind of fun to walk through busy urban sidewalks in the middle of morning and evening rush hour while blaring something in your ear to partially drown out the hum of footsteps, chatter, and construction work. (In case you're wondering, my musical tastes run towards the hip-hop of my youth, like Rakim and NWA.)
After rolling my eyes at people bopping obliviously from the earbuds dangling from their heads, I've become one of them. Gasp!
73-91 born SEA lived SJC 00 married (Amy) home (UCity) 05 Jada (PRC) 07 Aaron (ROC) 15 Asher (OKC) | 91-95 BS Wharton (Acctg Mgmt) 04-06 MPA Fels (EconDev PubFnc) 12-19 Prof GAFL517 (Fels) | 95-05 EVP Enterprise Ctr 06-12 Dir Econsult Corp 13-26 Principal Econsult Solutions 18-21 Phila School Board 19- Owner Lee A Huang Rentals LLC | Bds/Adv: Penn Weitzman, PIDC, YMCA | Mmbr: Brit Amer Project, James Brister Society
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those Jobs are Gone
This podcast of Ezra Klein interviewing Bill Gates is making the rounds in my social feeds. Gates is a trusted authority on technology, a...
-
PHILADELPHIA NAMED BEST CITY FOR NEW GRADS How about Philly besting Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and every other city in America for ...
-
I came to bell hooks late. I was already in my 20s, already a parent, and firmly fed up with the ways that white middle class feminism Oth...

No comments:
Post a Comment