3.27.2012

2012 MLB Predictions Guaranteed or Your Money Back

As my life has gotten busier, my sports consumption has dwindled to almost nothing.  My childhood self and even my self from a few years back would be mortified to hear that I watch no games live, hardly have time even to tape and fast forward, and have even shrunk back on consumption of the sports page and sports websites.  At a time of unprecedented sports content and access, my interests have dwindled to select pro football games, marquee NBA match-ups, and playoff baseball. 

So I thought for the longest time that I wouldn't entertain any MLB predictions this year.  I haven't followed trades or injuries, or read up on who's up for a breakout year and who's regressing to the mean.  I couldn't even tell you half the starting line-up for the A's, and they're my favorite team.  But hey, what's a fan to do in late March, when everyone's still in the hunt and hope springs eternal, then to make a few wild predictions and then see what happens come October?  So here you go:

NL: Diamondbacks, Reds, Phils (WC: Braves, Marlins)
AL: Angels, Tigers, Rays (WC: Yanks, Red Sox)
Div: Angels (over Red Sox), Tigers, Marlins (over Phils), Reds

WS: Angels over Marlins
Post a Comment