Still Too Close to Call


This feels familiar. In 2007, David Oh won by seven votes but then lost by 122 when the absentee ballots were counted. Yesterday, 96 percent of ballots had been counted and David was up by 140. So it's still too close to call.

There's nothing to do but wait and hope for now. Hopefully this will be made official soon. In the meantime, here are some personal highlights and lowlights from the last day of campaigning for David Oh in 2011:

* My daughter greeted me in the morning with “Happy David Oh Day!” Meanwhile, my son bounded downstairs and said, “I’m ready to vote for David Oh now.” (I assure you no four-year-olds voted for David Oh yesterday. I am not sure I can make that statement about other candidates.)

* Low turnout had the kids bummed about standing outside in the cold holding up “Vote for David Oh” signs. In the hour before school started, we must have seen a grand total of 12 voters. I guess the fanfare of going to door to door and passing out stuff was much more interesting to them than standing still not seeing anyone walk by.

At any rate, I'm proud of my kids for tolerating me exploiting their cuteness and their labor on behalf of my candidate. Let's hope that their efforts were not in vain.

Comments

Popular Posts