For Halloween, I Dressed as a Republican

The snow and a packed social calendar prevented me from canvassing for my friend David Oh this past weekend. So with our neighborhood's Halloween parade on the docket for yesterday afternoon, I strung two placards together and wore them like a sandwich board as we snaked through University City. Even though David and I are Republicans and University City is staunchly Democrat (Barack Obama took our ward by 97 percent to 2 for John McCain in 2008, with Libertarian candidate Bob Barr getting 1 percent), he is well-liked in these parts: a lot of people came up to me and said they were voting for him, that he was a decent fellow, and that they hoped he would win. It made me feel good. (I also liked that I was killing two birds with one stone.)



Comments

Popular Posts