Investing in the Neighborhood


A last-minute meeting at work earlier this week prevented me from attending the University City District's annual "State of University City" presentation until the very end, but I did pick up a copy of the report, and though I would consider myself fairly well informed on matters pertaining to my neighborhood, I found myself marveling at new things and new stats on almost every page. Truly this is a fantastic place to live, work, and play, and the report deftly uses words, numbers, and pictures to capture the vitality, diversity, and innovation of University City.

Hats off to Matt Bergheiser and his crew, and I extend my kudos back to past executive directors and staff members, as I have directly observed the hard work has been carried out for almost two decades now and have benefited from the fruit of all that labor. As we remodel our kitchen and get involved in our kids' schools, we are making a very real investment - financial, physical, relational, and psychological - in University City. And we couldn't be happier.

Comments

Popular Posts