What Am I Working On
As has become my custom every three months, here's what I'm working on now at work. I won't repeat anything from last time that I happen to still be working on, and for confidentiality's sake I have to blur some of the details for some of these studies.
* Quantifying the economic and fiscal impact of a major real estate development in a downtown area that has a significant public infrastructure component to it
* Analyzing the effect, at a neighborhood and citywide level, of the introduction of big box retail options, in terms of purchasing power, employment, retail sales, and economic and fiscal impact
* Estimating the positive spillover effect associated with a non-profit housing counseling agency's work in helping reduce the number of foreclosures in a neighborhood
* Determining the extent to which a local community development corporation's physical improvements on a major commercial corridor have caused nearby houses to command a premium in the real estate market
* Calculating the potential increase in sales, jobs, and tax revenues associated with a shopping center expansion
* Using a range of travel and tourism data to construct an index of international tourism to a region