Lazy Linking, 40th in an Occasional Series


What I liked lately on the Internets:

40.1. Question: why don't as many female economists blog? My guess: econ blogging is all about impressing some and vanquishing others, which are typically more male traits.

40.2. David Brooks shares some tools for our cognitive toolkits.

40.3. Keith Hennessey asks - when we argue about the deficit, is it because we want change or is it because we want a fight?

40.4. Megan McArdle takes the New York Times to task for taking GE to task for daring to try to lower their tax bill.

40.5. A nice piece about the role of Woodlands Cemetery in its urban setting. [Note: this is less than a mile from where I live, and yet I've never been. I will have to rectify that.]

40.6. Odometer economics. [Odonomics?]

40.7. The Economist debates Japanese-style incrementalism vs. US-style disruptive entrepreneurship. The US wins. Long live Schumpeter!

40.8. Loved this Bart Lipman interview about economics and marriage.

40.9. Katie Couric and Howard Schultz argue about the price of coffee at Starbucks. My verdict: both are wrong and both are annoying.

40.10. Two of Penelope Trunk's three points about Gen Z, education, and the future of work are about home-schooling. Is it really that prevalent? I don't know. I would love to hear more about this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
dating without drama http://loveepicentre.com/success_stories.php online dating singapore

Popular Posts