What Am I Working On
As has become my custom every three months, here's what I'm working on now at work. I won't repeat anything from last time that I happen to still be working on, and for confidentiality's sake I have to blur some of the details for some of these studies.
* Conducting an analysis of a major municipality's spending distribution to minority, women, and disabled owned businesses.
* Conducting an analysis of the racial, ethnic, and income distribution of home lending, business lending, and branch locations of all the banks that a major municipality has its deposits with.
* Producing a "state of the local banking industry" report for a local jurisdiction.
* Updating a cost-benefit model we produced for a local jurisdiction for use in evaluating candidates for tax incentives.
* Updating an economic impact report we produced for a local jurisdiction of business investment generated by a tax incentive program.
* Comparing a local jurisdiction's tax incentive program with that of competing jurisdictions.
* Quantifying the economic, fiscal, retail, and real estate impacts of the programmatic and construction efforts of a local non-profit.
* Updating an environmental scan we conducted for a local university of key trends affecting its operations.
* Helping a group of neighborhood institutions set up a special services district.
* Quantifying the economic and fiscal impact of proposed construction projects seeking federal stimulus dollars.