Boys Will Be Boys, the Aaron Huang Version


Any of you who have boys (or have been boys) will probably resonate with this. Aaron got a Power Rangers book as a birthday favor, and has insisted I read it to him every night at bedtime since then. One morning, he came downstairs and, in an ominous voice not unlike the one I have used to read the book, announced that he was now a Power Ranger. Apparently, this transformation could only be completed by drawing a big green blob on his forehead with a permanent marker. I’m pretty sure I cannot imagine Jada, or any other girl, behaving in this way at age four. What is with boys? And how is it that so many of us end up surviving childhood intact and go on to live somewhat normal lives?

Comments

Nicholas said…
I don't know if that's stranger than the story of a young girl getting into some makeup and making her face a mess, which isn't an unusual thing to do. The difference I suppose is in what manner of aspirations are hardwired into us.

Popular Posts