NFL Playoffs Week 3 Musings (Not to be Used for Gambling Purposes)


Last weekend was great for watching good football and lousy for making gambling picks. (I went 1-3.) Who cares, it's not like I have real money on these predictions. (Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take inventory of my possessions so I can start listing them all on eBay.)

STEELERS (-3) over Jets
Can the mouthy Jets, having beaten Manning in Indianapolis and Brady in New England, beat Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh? I say no, because Big Ben can extend plays long enough for receivers to get open. Meanwhile, I’m still not sold on the Sanchize, least of all in Heinz Field against that defense. By the way, what will Pittsburgheans be saying after Sunday: “one for the other index finger"?
Prediction: Steelers 20, Jets 13

Packers (-3) over BEARS
Aaron Rodgers made all the throws last weekend, and he made them with ease. He won’t be able to do that in Soldier Field against the Bears, but he’ll make enough to make the Cheeseheads delirious. Meanwhile, Jay Cutler turns into a pumpkin.
Prediction: Packers 20, Bears 13

As you can see below, I am predicting (rooting for?) an epic showdown two weeks from now between two storied franchises. A guy can dream . . .

Comments

Popular Posts