Musings Multiplied


Thanks to the relatively frictionless way in which social networking sites play with each other, content I generate can get automatically featured in multiple locations. So, to take one month's worth of stuff as an example (let's choose November 2010):

* There were about 10 posts I posted at both "Musings of an Urban Christian" and "Huang Kids Khronicles"

* There were about 15 other posts I posted at just "Musings," and about five other posts I posted at just "Huang Kids"

* So that's 30 total posts, or about one a day

* Plus I took about 80 pictures with my camera phone, or about 20 pics per week

So that's how much original content I generate. And here's where it all ends up:

* 25 posts at "Musings," 15 at "Huang Kids"

* All my photos and all my posts at "Musings" get automatically posted to my Facebook page, so that's over 100 posts there

* All my photos and all my posts at "Musings" and "Huang Kids" get automatically posted to my LinkedIn profile, so that's about 120 posts there

* Ditto for my Twitter feed, so that's about 120 posts there

* Speaking of Twitter, I have recently set up on my "Musings" and "Huang Kids" pages a Twitter feed, which shows my last five tweets

* Every once in awhile, I'll upload a video onto YouTube, which also gets cross-posted onto Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter (and sometimes I'll manually put it on my "Musings" and/or "Huang Kids" page

In other words, from a little bit dreck comes, thanks to the ease of multi-platform cross-posting, lots of dreck. My apologies for the proliferation, as if you needed to see even more updates on what my kids are eating for breakfast and musings on recent school closures in light of less than an inch of snow.

Comments

Popular Posts