Urban Triathlon


After getting a few miles in on the treadmill first thing in the morning earlier this week, I really put my legs to work: I biked Jada to school and then, because of the craziness of that day's schedule, ended up biking to my first meeting, biking from my last meeting, and biking Jada home. In between, I got a good chunk of walking in, going from different meeting places, to the point that I think I ended up logging about 3 miles by foot and 6 miles by wheels. Now if I could have just worked taking a dunk in the Schuylkill, I would have been able to say I completed an urban triathlon, Philly style.

As it was, what I could say was that by the end of the day, I was beat: Jada's not the little peanut she once was, and I've grown considerably as well, particularly around the waist area. It didn't help that it was blazing hot and I was wearing a black sports coat. But hey, after multiple feet of snow and endlessly bitter cold days, I'll take walking and biking outside with great pleasure. (Although that dunk in the Schuylkill sure sounds good on hot days like that.)

Comments

Popular Posts