Carrion in West Philadelphia


I scored a coveted invite to an Economic Recovery Summit at The Enterprise Center yesterday, in which Mayor Nutter, my former boss Della Clark, and Obama's urban dude Adolfo Carrion were featured. I missed the formal program but made it for the socializing afterward, and there was still a healthy buzz in the room; I tell you, no one does events like The Enterprise Center. It was nice to see many of my favorite people all in one room, and, on the heels of reacquainting earlier that morning with Sulaiman Rahman, an old colleague of mine from my days at The Enterprise Center who is now the new chairperson at the African American Chamber of Commerce, I was heartened by all of the promise and enthusiasm that's bubbling up here in Philadelphia. Now let's get to work so that inspiring words and intentions to collaborate lead to real work.

Comments

Popular Posts