11.27.2009

The City of Brotherly Yuks


The results are in, and the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation’s recent “With Love, Philadelphia” ad campaign was a roaring success. Seeking to soften Philly’s edges, and offer a soothing voice amidst so much panic in the world, this campaign was a series of letters from Philadelphia to potential visitors. It exuded humor and warmth, poked fun at itself, and left viewers laughing out loud or (even harder to do) smiling knowingly. (Of course, my favorite had a little swagger to it: “Dear World Champions: oh wait, that’s us.”) Well done, GPTMC, and to those who haven’t yet made the trip, consider Philadelphia for your next vacation.

3 comments:

Caroline - Philly Tourism said...

Wow! Thanks for the compliment. So glad you like the campaign.

Philly's lucky to have someone like you.

LH said...

Caroline - thanks for the shout-out. Do you work for GPTMC? I like what you guys are doing. Keep up the good work!

Caroline - Philly Tourism said...

I do indeed - found your post through a Google Alert.

Course Correction

  They say that how you do one thing is how you do everything. I'm not sure that's true. But I do know that how you play golf is a p...