My Week in University City


I have written before about my love of University City. It’s where I live, work, and worship. This week has seemed to be a particularly University City-rich week: since Monday, not including my employer and my church, I have had meetings with and/or at five other institutions in University City and had coffee or lunch at five University City establishments. (You can click here to see a list and map of the places.)

Housing booms and busts aside, there’s value in having such a concentration of employers and of fun things to do and great places to eat, value that people are willing to pay for in the form of home prices. I’m just glad I paid my price before it went up! I’m also glad to have a connection to so many great institutions, which are all thinking about what they can do to make University City even better. (I’m also glad to have easy access to so many places to eat delicious food!)

Comments

Joel GL said…
People living close together is great. Trying to think about how I can get back into that.

Popular Posts