A Miserable Month So Far


Ugh. I've been sick since October 1, and am in the midst of the worst so far.

The first week brought a simple head cold. Just as the symptoms were going away, I had two consecutive miserable nights of sleep, which, combined with the kids being a handful over the weekend, led to a pounding headache. Despite my attempts to sleep off the rest-deprived hangover, cold symptoms returned. And then, a few days ago, just as my cold symptoms were going away, another headache arrived, this one different than any I've ever felt before: a steady, nauseating pressure, punctuated by bursts of more, dull pressure.

I actually took half of Friday off, saw a nurse practitioner, and called in to the doctor on call the next day, not to mention taking more over-the-counter and prescription medicine than I have all year. And still my brain is pounding and pulsating, groggy and dizzy.

Amy had an even busier past week than I did, and yet is soldiering on in my impaired state, in terms of the kids, for which I am unspeakably thankful. Jada has largely adapted to a weekend in which her Dada isn't jetting her from place to place. But Aaron has been a crying, tantrumming mess; and his piercing screams and vigorous protests have left even more ringing in my ears.

Needless to say, it's been a miserable month so far. Here's hoping for some relief soon. And here's to Amy for holding down the fort until then.

Comments

Nicholas said…
Praying for you and the family, LH!

Popular Posts