10.02.2009

Four Corners


A stark contrast between cities and suburbs is the mixing or not mixing of residential and commercial. Where I grew up in suburban San Jose, the closest retail to my house is well over a mile. Versus where I now live, the closest street corner has a bar on the northwest corner, a restaurant and bar on the northeast corner, and a coffee shop on the southeast corner.

And, as of earlier this week, you can buy something on the fourth, southwest corner, albeit not through a traditional store but rather a food truck. Gibb's Ribbs, to be exact. Earlier this week, as I was walking home at an unusually late hour coming home from a friend's house, Gibb's was still doing brisk business. I pity suburban friends who have to go further than right outside their front door to get their rib on.
Post a Comment