A Day at the Beach













I get a lot of ribbing when I tell people that one of our clients is the territorial government of the US Virgin Islands. But you can ask our clients, our local partner, or anyone on my staff who I've assigned to this gig: we work hard on this assignment.

If you know me, you know I'd have it no other way. And, with plenty of other studies to work on, plus a wife and two kids waiting for me at home, if my work calls for me to physically go down there, I really do want to get in, do my thing, and get back home.

But I have to admit that it's not a bad perk to celebrate a successful meeting by spending the afternoon at the beach. My local partner was kind enough to bring me to not one, but two of St. Thomas' best: Magens Bay and Lindquist Beach. We hit the first almost as soon as I arrived on the island Wednesday afternoon, and the second after our Thursday morning presentation but before my Thursday afternoon flight home.

All in all, I was only away from home for 36 hours. But after two trips to the places you see in these pictures, I feel like I had a far deeper getaway. (You do realize that one of the reasons I'm working so hard for this client is so we can get asked back for more work in the future, right?!?)

Comments

Popular Posts