California Dreamin'


I got a chance to meet the wife of Robb Armstrong, creator of "Jump Start," at an event several years back. Having followed the cartoon, it was fun to hear her say how much of it was based on their own lives in the Philadelphia area. Of course, since I have become a father, the cartoon has taken on even more meaning, since it centers so much on kids, parenting, and marriage.

The plot lately has involved the NFL linebacker brother of one of the main characters being traded from the Eagles to the Chargers. I got a kick out of yesterday's strip, as it artfully captured a main pro and a main con of California living, as compared to Philadelphia living: warm weather versus crippling congestion. Even if you don't have a bi-coastal identity like I do, I hope you find this similarly amusing.

Comments

Popular Posts