PROPERTY TAX ABATEMENT STORY, FRONT AND CENTER

One of the rewarding yet stressful things about my job is that what we’re working on often gets in the paper the next day. It’s rewarding because it means the things that matter around here, we get to make a contribution towards. It’s stressful because public exposure magnifies everything, even and especially mistakes. Both aspects of my job are significant motivators around here, in terms of why we get up in the morning and go to work, and why we work so hard to say something useful and get our numbers right.

This past weekend, after a praiseworthy effort over the past few weeks by Philadelphia Inquirer staff writer Patrick Kerkstra, something I worked on not only made the paper but was the lead story on the front page: ”Is Tax Windfall Worth the Wait?” Off-line, I’d be happy to tell you more about our analysis and/or my take on the article itself. For now, I’ll just say there are a lot of important issues being discussed in Philadelphia, and this is one of them, so we’re glad the press is putting the story out there and we’re hopeful the dialogue can continue.

Comments

Popular Posts