PROBABLY THE ONLY THING RALPH NADER AND I AGREE ON
So apparently, there's something on which I not only agree with the left-leaning Canadian candidate for prime minister, but also with Ralph Nader. And that's a tax on carbon. Because $4 a gallon gasoline finally woke us up to the slowly boiling pot we're in, and made rational the kinds of decisions we should've been making all along, whether personal (carpool, ride your bike to work, don't buy a gas guzzler) or corporate (invest in transit, cut down on bulky packaging, encourage density). President-elect Obama, you have your own popularity, the opportunity that economic crisis brings, and global awareness of the earth's fragility on your side; make this happen! (Thanks to Greg Mankiw's blog for the link.)
73-91 born SEA lived SJC 00 married (Amy) home (UCity) 05 Jada (PRC) 07 Aaron (ROC) 15 Asher (OKC) | 91-95 BS Wharton (Acctg Mgmt) 04-06 MPA Fels (EconDev PubFnc) 12-19 Prof GAFL517 (Fels) | 95-05 EVP Enterprise Ctr 06-12 Dir Econsult Corp 13-26 Principal Econsult Solutions 18-21 Phila School Board 19- Owner Lee A Huang Rentals LLC | Bds/Adv: Penn Weitzman, PIDC, YMCA | Mmbr: Brit Amer Project, James Brister Society
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Power of Reconciliation
I have been reading "John Adams" by David McCullough and I came across a powerful exchange between Adams and the King of England...
-
PHILADELPHIA NAMED BEST CITY FOR NEW GRADS How about Philly besting Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and every other city in America for ...
-
I came to bell hooks late. I was already in my 20s, already a parent, and firmly fed up with the ways that white middle class feminism Oth...
No comments:
Post a Comment