GO WEST, YOUNG MAN
Here's a dreary thought, as gale force winds make it feel like 10 degrees around here: San Jose, where I used to live, was recently named the safest city of 500,000+ in the country, while Philadelphia, where I now live, was recently named the 5th most dangerous: City Crime Rankings by Population Group (500,000+). Meanwhile, one of my good college buddies, who grew up in Philly and has lived here all his life, just moved his family to Honolulu, the second safest big city; I always knew he was smarter than me.
73-91 born SEA lived SJC 00 married (Amy) home (UCity) 05 Jada (PRC) 07 Aaron (ROC) 15 Asher (OKC) | 91-95 BS Wharton (Acctg Mgmt) 04-06 MPA Fels (EconDev PubFnc) 12-19 Prof GAFL517 (Fels) | 95-05 EVP Enterprise Ctr 06-12 Dir Econsult Corp 13-26 Principal Econsult Solutions 18-21 Phila School Board 19- Owner Lee A Huang Rentals LLC | Bds/Adv: Penn Weitzman, PIDC, YMCA | Mmbr: Brit Amer Project, James Brister Society
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those Jobs are Gone
This podcast of Ezra Klein interviewing Bill Gates is making the rounds in my social feeds. Gates is a trusted authority on technology, a...
-
PHILADELPHIA NAMED BEST CITY FOR NEW GRADS How about Philly besting Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and every other city in America for ...
-
I came to bell hooks late. I was already in my 20s, already a parent, and firmly fed up with the ways that white middle class feminism Oth...
No comments:
Post a Comment