Brits Know More

I knew this already, but spending five days with lots of Brits
cemented it for me: we Americans are globally stupid. The Brits who
spent five days with me in LA at a British-American leadership
exchange overwhelmingly knew more about American politics and history
than I did. And what little I knew about British and European current
events from reading the Economist hardly allowed me to make all but
the smallest contributions to any conversations on such topics. And I
would consider myself relatively more well-informed than the typical
American. I still think the US is the greatest nation on earth, as do
the Brits; but we really have to do something about our global
ignorance.

Comments

michaela said…
of course we are smarter! ha, ha, ha! So smart in fact that we chose to live in the US!

Popular Posts