AT THE CENTERS OF CONTROVERSY
When I first interviewed at Econsult, the principals I met with told me they prided themselves as being objective and fair in the midst of the most contentious of policy arguments. I have taken that approach from Day 1, and have been proud to uphold that standard, even as we've taken on some hot topics.
Just this month I've had the honor of taking part in two controversial debates. I presented on the potential residential real estate impacts of the proposed American Commerce Center, and estimated the potential fundraising damages associated with delays to the approval of the proposed American Revolution Center. In both cases, you do your best to contribute to the conversation, and take pride in being part of the process.
The irony is not lost on me, that both projects have "American" and "Center" in their names. However frustrating the democratic process can be sometimes in the technicalities of getting things done, I'm glad to live in a nation that has a process for back and forth, established forums for proposing plans, and ample avenues for disputing those proposals. No matter how these two projects play out, what a country.
73-91 born SEA lived SJC 00 married (Amy) home (UCity) 05 Jada (PRC) 07 Aaron (ROC) 15 Asher (OKC) | 91-95 BS Wharton (Acctg Mgmt) 04-06 MPA Fels (EconDev PubFnc) 12-19 Prof GAFL517 (Fels) | 95-05 EVP Enterprise Ctr 06-12 Dir Econsult Corp 13-26 Principal Econsult Solutions 18-21 Phila School Board 19- Owner Lee A Huang Rentals LLC | Bds/Adv: Penn Weitzman, PIDC, YMCA | Mmbr: Brit Amer Project, James Brister Society
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too Short for a Blog Post, Too Long for a Tweet 550
Here are a few excerpts from a book I recently read, "John Adams," by David McCullough. When the door opened, they proceeded,...
-
PHILADELPHIA NAMED BEST CITY FOR NEW GRADS How about Philly besting Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and every other city in America for ...
-
I came to bell hooks late. I was already in my 20s, already a parent, and firmly fed up with the ways that white middle class feminism Oth...
No comments:
Post a Comment