GREEN BALL
Governing Magazine's 13th Floor blog highlighted this article on the Washington Nationals' new, LEED-certified stadium: "Play Ball! Washington Nationals will play in first U.S. green-built stadium." (See also " Take Me Out to the Ballpark," in this month's Fast Company.) Of course, even though I don't know exactly how the point system works in obtaining LEED certification, I'm sure that the biggest pro-environment decision that was made about this stadium had nothing to do with the construction or operations of the stadium but rather its location, and the fact that it is very transit-accessible. Hey Oakland A's, are you listening?
73-91 born SEA lived SJC 00 married (Amy) home (UCity) 05 Jada (PRC) 07 Aaron (ROC) 15 Asher (OKC) | 91-95 BS Wharton (Acctg Mgmt) 04-06 MPA Fels (EconDev PubFnc) 12-19 Prof GAFL517 (Fels) | 95-05 EVP Enterprise Ctr 06-12 Dir Econsult Corp 13-26 Principal Econsult Solutions 18-21 Phila School Board 19- Owner Lee A Huang Rentals LLC | Bds/Adv: Penn Weitzman, PIDC, YMCA | Mmbr: Brit Amer Project, James Brister Society
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those Jobs are Gone
This podcast of Ezra Klein interviewing Bill Gates is making the rounds in my social feeds. Gates is a trusted authority on technology, a...
-
PHILADELPHIA NAMED BEST CITY FOR NEW GRADS How about Philly besting Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and every other city in America for ...
-
I came to bell hooks late. I was already in my 20s, already a parent, and firmly fed up with the ways that white middle class feminism Oth...
No comments:
Post a Comment