GODLY GAL

I can't tell you the last time I followed a beauty pageant, but I've got a rooting interest in this year's Miss America, because my friend and former co-worker Rachel Brooks is Miss Pennsylvania and going for the crown. Her latest email blast notified all of us adoring fans that the reality show based on the contest kicks off this week on TLC: "Miss America Reality Check." Friday at 10, 9 Central. And that's the last TV endorsement you'll likely see in this space.

But I do hope Rachel wins it all. I know her to be a strong Christian and a friendly and caring person to her core, and I hope that that'll show through no matter how the networks spin the angles. (Funny how a show can be "reality-based" and yet you don't know how you'll come off until it's been finally produced and aired.) Go Rachel!

Comments

Popular Posts