Stumping for David Oh

This afternoon, I took the kids with me on my door-to-door canvassing
with David Oh, my friend who is running for City Council at Large. I
was a little nervous about whether having the kids would cramp our
style, but David was gracious, noting that "at least people will be
less likely to yell at us."

In fact, both of our kids came in handy. Aaron shot smiles all over,
winning points with everyone. And Jada would accompany David up the
steps of each house, pamphlet in hand, ready to wave it to the person
who would open the door. Kind of hard to reject a brochure when it's
coming from a cute 2 1/2 year old, you know?

I appreciate David's openness in letting my kids tag along. It was a
great way for me to kill two birds with one stone: help David while
getting the kids out of the house. Plus I want them to know that
these are the sorts of things you do as a resident of Philadelphia:
you wear out some shoe leather talking up a candidate who can do good
for the city.

Comments

Popular Posts