Fifteen 5's - What Are Yours

I keep a running list of books I've read, with a score from 1 to 5, 5
being the highest. When it comes to giving out 5's, I'm stingier than
the Russian judge: there are only fifteen on my list out of hundreds
of books read. These are books that either changed my life or were so
well-written and/or entertaining that I couldn't put them down.
Here's my list, only four of which have been added in the last twelve
months:

* The Holy Bible
* Pleasures of God (Piper)
* Moneyball (Lewis)
* Good to Great (Collins)
* Free to Choose (Friedman)
* Crabgrass Frontier (Jackson)
* The Death and Life of Great American Cities (Jacobs)
* The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt (Morris)
* Made in America / The Mother Tongue (Bryson)
* The Night is Dark and I am Far From Home (Kozol)
* Strangers from a Different Shore (Takaki)
* The Visual Display of Quantitative Information (Tufte)
* Christ and Culture (Niebuhr)
* Founding Brothers (Ellis)

What are your 5's?

Comments

Popular Posts