Not a Blog, Not Yet a Column

You could say that I've been blogging for a few years now, but that
wouldn't do justice to the true bloggers out there, who post more
frequently, trick out their sites with things like RSS, and show more
"link love" than I do. While I envy their ways, I don't think I'll
ever emulate them; I guess all I ever wanted was for my site to be
like an online column, and write about what's interesting to me like
some of my favorite columnists on paper and in cyberspace.

I imagine they derive great satisfaction in their work, for the
platform it offers to inform others and the freedom it provides to
investigate interesting topics. To explore, to express, and to
educate: that's why I post. Does that make me a blogger, too? Not
sure. A columnist? Not yet.

Comments

Popular Posts