THE NEW FACE OF RELATIONSHIPS

I’d read about Facebook in a magazine a couple of months ago, but had my first direct encounter with this phenomenon yesterday. We have a department in our office that currently has one intern in it. She has been pretty swamped, so earlier this month I hired two more interns. I excitedly told our first intern the names of her two new department mates, to assure her that help was on the way, and told her I looked forward to introducing her to the both of them.

Well, yesterday, she came by my office to tell me she had “Facebooked” them both, and found one of them. They happened to go to the same school, and through Facebook she was able to contact the new intern and they met up for coffee and really hit it off. Talk about taking initiative!

I wonder if we’re seeing the new “face” of how relationships are formed and maintained.

Comments

Popular Posts