THE NEW FACE OF RELATIONSHIPS
I’d read about Facebook in a magazine a couple of months ago, but had my first direct encounter with this phenomenon yesterday. We have a department in our office that currently has one intern in it. She has been pretty swamped, so earlier this month I hired two more interns. I excitedly told our first intern the names of her two new department mates, to assure her that help was on the way, and told her I looked forward to introducing her to the both of them.
Well, yesterday, she came by my office to tell me she had “Facebooked” them both, and found one of them. They happened to go to the same school, and through Facebook she was able to contact the new intern and they met up for coffee and really hit it off. Talk about taking initiative!
I wonder if we’re seeing the new “face” of how relationships are formed and maintained.
73-91 born SEA lived SJC 00 married (Amy) home (UCity) 05 Jada (PRC) 07 Aaron (ROC) 15 Asher (OKC) | 91-95 BS Wharton (Acctg Mgmt) 04-06 MPA Fels (EconDev PubFnc) 12-19 Prof GAFL517 (Fels) | 95-05 EVP Enterprise Ctr 06-12 Dir Econsult Corp 13-26 Principal Econsult Solutions 18-21 Phila School Board 19- Owner Lee A Huang Rentals LLC | Bds/Adv: Penn Weitzman, PIDC, YMCA | Mmbr: Brit Amer Project, James Brister Society
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Power of Reconciliation
I have been reading "John Adams" by David McCullough and I came across a powerful exchange between Adams and the King of England...
-
PHILADELPHIA NAMED BEST CITY FOR NEW GRADS How about Philly besting Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and every other city in America for ...
-
I came to bell hooks late. I was already in my 20s, already a parent, and firmly fed up with the ways that white middle class feminism Oth...
No comments:
Post a Comment