TALKING IN MY SLEEP

I seem to have a recurring dream about speaking in public. In my dreams, I am speaking before a large crowd, and I am on. Sometimes I am speaking of the love of God. Sometimes I am laying into Christians for half-hearted living. Sometimes I am appealing to people to open their eyes to the plight of the poor in our cities or around the world. But whatever the topic and wherever the setting, I am speaking with passion and I am good.

They say that dreams reveal our secret desires. Perhaps I have a desire to use speech to proclaim truths that this generation needs to hear. I am hesitant about being someone who talks big but doesn’t live it out. But I am also aware that if God has given me a skill and a desire, to half-use it is wrong. So I pray God would help me discern what my dreams are saying, and what I can do when I’m awake to make my dreams come true.

Comments

Popular Posts