DON'T HAVE TO BE RIGHT TO CAUSE DAMAGE

Our organization is in the middle of a legal situation of which I am unable to share the specifics but which I want to talk about. Basically, there are some accusations being made about us which I believe have no basis in fact. What I am learning, though, as I seek to defuse this situation, is that you don't have to be right to cause damage to another person's or organization's reputation.

The Bible and business books both talk about the importance of a good name. The issue of integrity is an important for me, both personally and vocationally. So it's been interesting to see this legal situation play out, to see how an accusation does not need to be true for it to cause damage to a reputation.

My hope and prayer is that a) we will be able to conclude this legal situation in a manner that is fair, gracious, and decisive, and b) that my organization's brand image will emerge in a favorable light. What saddens me about reality is that securing point a does not automatically ensure point b. But I guess I should know that by now.

Comments

Popular Posts